(1) Exploration of Mt.Everest is not suitable from October to April in the following year because of the chill weather; and it is monsoon in July and August, when it is impossible to see the Mt.Everest in the misty rain. So it’s the best time to enjoy Mt.Everest in April, May and June.
(2) You need to issue a travel permit before you go to Mt.Everest Camp, Zhangmu Port or Ali. It may delay you if you issue the travel permit in Lhasa. So it’s better for you to issue it at the your local Police Office before you come to Tibet. The issuing procedure is quite simple and only cost RMB 2 Yuan. You can get it immediately. For the destination on the travel permit, you may have to fill it in like this. If you want to go to Mt.Everest you need to fill in the blank on the travel permit with Tingri County, Zhangmu Port with Nyalam County. You can also check it at the Police Office, which have map and detail information of the national boarder. If you have passport and valid visa to Nepal, then you don’t need any travel permit to go to Mt.Everest or Zhangmu. However, if you want to go to Tsaparang to visit Googe Dynasty it won’t work, you still need travel permit unless you have the valid visa to India or Pakistan.
(3) Going to Mt.Everest you can live in Rongbuk Monastery, but it is often full of accommodated tourists. In Rongbuk Monastery there is a hostel with 100 beds, a dinning room and a store. The price for one bed is RMB 25 Yuan. It’s also a good idea to stay outside by setting up a tent, but do remember to bring a sleeping sack because of the chillness at night. There are about 8 kilometers between Rongbuk Monastery and Mt.Everest Base Camp. If you take the camping stuffs, you can also stay at Mt.Everest Base Camp, but you need to cook by yourself with your own stove.
(4) At Mt.Everest Base Camp, you can cost RMB 2 Yuan to get a postmark from the clerk at Mt.Everest Post Office for memory, and then deliver the postcard to your friends or your family members to share the exciting moment. After half a month your friends from either the domestic or abroad will get this significant postcard. During the mountaineering season, the clerk who is responsible for the liaison of Tibet Mountaineering Association will resident here, from whom you can buy a little food and water, but very expensive, about three times higher than it in Lhasa. For instance, the beer is RMB 10 Yuan per tin.
(5) It is recommended to take picture of Mt.Everest afterglow after you check in at Rongbuk Monastery. Rongbuk Monastery is also a good place for overlooking Mt.Everest. There are only 25 kilometers straightaway between these tow places. From Rongbuk Monastery, take a 15 mins’ car or 2 hs’ walk across valley, cliff and odd rocks, and finally you will arrive at Qomolangma Base Camp enjoying the most beautiful view at the dawn or evening fall. The Admission Fee here is RMB 20 Yuan per one. There are about 3 or hours car drive away from here to Serac Groups-Serac World.
(7) You’d better wear anti-slip; endurable, cling-ground sports shoes with dentate tread.